Friday, April 29, 2011

ASUS does not want me to work

After struggling for some time with severe over heating issues and some other minor problems with my ASUS g50vt notebook I had it taken for repairs. And now after three weeks I made the original call to ASUS, I still have no idea when I'll be getting it back. While my previous notebook was also from ASUS I never took it to repairs, not that it didn't have any hardware problems, but mainly because it had taken a blow or two that I only had to blame myself for and it didn't look like it would be covered by any warranty. So, this is the first experience I'm having with how ASUS deals their customers on warranty repairs. Can't say I'm happy about it.

Before having machines from ASUS I had couple Ibook models from Apple, and where first one of them which was a g3 model, had a lot of problems due to some problem with that general model which caused the mainboard to die, the repair service was always fast and reliable and never caused that much harm to me. Actually, I think that the 6 or so times my ibook went for repairs took less time together than the 3 weeks I've now been waiting for ASUS to get things done.

Until I get the machine back I can't do any work with video or photo editing, which is starting to cause me bad delays concerning the up and coming exhibitions.

UPDATE:
They answered my mail that I send today (29.4.) saying that they are _supposed_ to get the missing parts next week and deliver my machine back then. So, no definite promise to get the machine back to me and they don't want to give me a replacement until I get my own computer back. I'll be calling the consumer agency on monday to get their opinion on this case.

update2. today(5.5.2011) I received an email from ASUS, that they don't know when they'll receive the missing part. I once again contacted the customer support and after some phonecalls and emails, was promised that they can replace my machine with a new one. But, only after they've send my old machine from sweden to netherlands for some weird fucked up reason I can't even begin to understand. Apparently they need to somehow evaluate my old machine to figure out what they'll give me instead, the bets are on how many days/weeks that'll last...

update3. today 6.5. ASUS informed me that it'll take 2-3 days for the notebook to be transferred to netherlands and that I _SHOULD_ get an offer for replacement machine during next week. I regret not buying a new computer immediately when I sent out my old one.

1 comment:

  1. goedkoop nike air max schoenen, een combinatie van elegante stijl en geavanceerde technologie, een verscheidenheid aan stijlen van goedkoop nike air max zero, de aanwijzer loopt tussen uw exclusieve smaakstijl.

    ReplyDelete